- Ph.D. degree of Engineering, Energy Conversion Engineering, Kyushu University,
6-10-1 Hakozaki, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka, Japan 1990, march
- Master degree of Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Pusan National University
Jangjeon-Dong, Geumjeong-Gu, Busan, 46241, Korea 1982. February
- Bachelor degree of Engineering , Electrical Engineering, Pusan National University
Jangjeon-Dong, Geumjeong-Gu, Busan, 46241, Korea 1980. February
This paper demonstrates, reduced graphene oxide/Manganese selenide and CNT/NiS composite electrodes have been sucessfully synthesized by convenient hydrothermal methode for supercapacitor applications. The hydrothermal reaction carried out with sodium borohydride (NaBH4) as a reductant and MnCl2.4H2O and SeO2 as precursors, and then used as electrode material for supercapacitor applications. The synthesized composite material were characterized by X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy. The material was subject to electrochemical characterize like cyclic voltammetry, galvanostatic charge–discharge and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy tests was carried out in two-electrode supercapacitors were performed. In comparison with pure RGO/CNT and MnSe2 , NiS based supercapacitor, the RGO/MnSe and CNT/NiS based composite electrodes have been better performnce because the electrical conducivity and specific surface area were increased due to RGO. This composite electrode exibits the areal specific capacitance of 20.86 mF cm-2 at 25 mV s-1. And CNT/NiS composite material exibits the maximum power density of 35.39 Whkg-1 which is very high compare to pure MnSe/RGO and CNT/CoS, PbS, CuS. As well as, the supercapacitor exhibits high rate capability and long cyclic life. The results showed that the composite is a suitable electrode material for supercapacitor applications such as EV, ESS, UPS, Emergency power supply and so on.
Audience Take away:
• Recently, super-capacitor is very important to save energy with fast charging and discharging. Especially, there are many applications such as EV, ESS, UPS, Emergency power supply, and so on. So it is very helpful for the audience to understand how to make the excellent super-capacitor.
• We made a new concept power supply that is three parallel connected by super-capacitor, Li ion battery and electro-chemical battery. So this presentation will provide a practical solution to a problem that could simplify or make a designer’s job more efficient. It provides new information for fast charging and discharging about various applications.