Education and degrees:
- Education (1954 – 1960) - Higher Institute of Chemical Technology (Sofia, Bulgaria).
- PhD (1968) – USSR, Moscow Institute of Chemical Mechanical Engineering, PhD Thesis: "Influence of Surface Active Agents on Hydrodynamics and Mass Transfer in Laminar Film Flow".
- Doctor of Technical Sciences (1978), Higher Institute of Chemical Technology (Sofia, Bulgaria), D. Sc. Thesis: "Hydrodynamics and Mass Transfer in Falling Liquid Films".
- Bulgarian Order of Cyril and Methodius (first class).
- Russian Federation Order of Mihailo Lomonosow (National Committee for Public Prizes).
- Institute of Chemical Engineering, Bulgarian Academy of Science, since 1962.
- Professor in Chemical Engineering, since 1981.
- Head of Laboratory: "Modelling and Optimization"; "Process Systems Engineering" (1974-2010).
- Foreign Member of the Russian Academy of Natural Science - 2008.
- Professor Emeritus of Bulgarian Academy of Science – 2012;
- Editor-in-Chief of the “Transactions of Academenergo” (Scientific journal of the Russian Academy of Science).